Edible Easter Table Centerpiece
Here comes Peter Cottontail hopping down the Bunny Trail. This year, he has brought a bunch of his frisky friends to help hide eggs in the grass for a really cute edible centerpiece. Use this centerpiece to decorate your Easter dinner table.
There are many,many ideas on how to create cute bunny cakes and cupcakes. They are all adorable, and picking the right Easter bunny cake idea can be a bit daunting.
This year, let the kids help put together some Easter Bunny cupcakes using our own unique method. They are easy to make and look really great. The kids will be so proud to have been a part of this project when it’s time for Easter dinner.
Easter Bunny Cupcakes
Our unique way to create cute Easter Bunny cupcakes is achieved with a few special secrets .
First of all, the inside of a cupcake is as important as the outside. l love strawberry cake and I use strawberry cake mix for yummy Easter bunny cupcakes.
Our bunny cupcakes have ears cut from one side of a Vienna Finger cookie. The special secret is cutting the cookie halves the correct size. If you cut about one-third of the cookie away, the cookie will be a perfect “bunny ear” size. Any more, the bunny will end up looking like a long-eared donkey. Any less, he will look like a little white mouse.
Use the vanilla creme icing scraped away from the cookies. Tint pink with red food dye.
Secret two is in using white mini-marshmallows. One mini-marshmallow sitting on the flat-side-up on each side of a jelly bean nose gives him fat bunny cheeks. Another mini-marshmallow placed round side down and flattened makes two front bunny-teeth when divided with a line of black decorating gel. The decorating gel doubles as a way to add bunny whiskers.
Let’s get started.
Cupcake Baking With Kids
- Older kids can mix batter.
- Adults supervise baking, removal for cooling.
- Younger kids sort jelly beans and M&Ms.
- Adults supervise and help frost cupcakes.
- Adults and older kids add features.
Ingredients For Easter Bunny Cupcakes
- One package strawberry -flavored cupcake mix, eggs, water and oil as given
- One package jelly beans, assorted
- One can cream cheese frosting, prepared
- one tube black decorator gel
- mini-marshmallows, white
- miniature M&Ms, green, blue and brown
- Prepare your favorite strawberry cake mix as directed for cupcakes. Bake.
- Let cupcakes cool. Frost with cream cheese or vanilla frosting.
- Add features. Jellybean nose, miniature M&M eyes, puffy marshmallow cheeks and rabbit teeth with mini-marshmallows.
- Add whiskers and a line to form bunny teeth with black decorator gel.
- Frost and add cookie ears. Insert into slits made with a butter knife.
- Add Peter Cottontail and his friends around a green flaky coconut lawn with hidden jelly bean eggs.
Vienna Finger Bunny Ears
Bunny Cupcake Facial Features
Insert Bunny Ears
Peter Cottontail Complete With Whiskers and Big Tooth
(Optional) Sprinkle Bunny Cupcakes with Finely Shredded Coconut
Place all the Peter Cottontails, all with different eye and nose color combinations around a green flaky coconut lawn with jelly bean eggs all hidden and ready for an Easter Egg Hunt!
This should be a great addition to the Easter decor for your holiday table. The kids will be proud to have helped with this family project.