It’s hard to believe, but the 4th is just around the corner.
This year, make something, especially for the kids. Letting them help you would make it even better. They’ll love you for it, and it will make them feel special on this truly meaningful holiday.
Sure, they’re sugary, but hey, Independence Day is up there on the list of major holidays.
Firecracker Popsicles are created by layering Berry Blue Typhoon, Fruit Juicy Red Hawaiian Punch and Gatorade Frost freezing one layer at a time. Add a red Twizzler “fuse” just before fully frozen.
Sparkler cookies can be made with sugar cookie refrigerator dough, frosting, sprinkles and sugars in patriotic colors. If you have a favorite sugar cookie and frosting recipe, and the time, that would make this project even more special.
I used the refrigerator dough and a ready-made buttercream frosting.
How to Make Homemade Firecracker Popsicles
- Fill individual Popsicle molds 1/3 full with the red Hawaiian Punch.
- Freeze until solid.
- Pour cold, semi-frozen Gatorade Frost for the next 1/3.
- Insert a piece of red Twizzler candy before thoroughly frozen.
- Pour on the blue Hawaiian Punch and freeze until solid.
4th of July Sparkler Cookies
- Slice refrigerated cookie dough in 1/4 inch slices.
- Flatten with a rolling pin on a floured bread board.
- Roll up into pencil-sized “snakes.”
- Cut into about 3-inch lengths.
- Bake according to package or recipe directions.
- Cool. Frost the ends and decor
ate with sprinkles.