Pumpkin Cheese Ball For Fall
Turn your cheese balls into jack-o-lanterns for Halloween! This cute cheese ball will delight your guests, and if you are invited to a fall potluck event, it travels well.
Simply follow a cheddar cheese ball recipe and form the cheese ball into a pumpkin shape. Tinted cream cheese will give your pumpkin cheese ball a jack-o-lantern face. A green bell pepper’s stem become’s your pumpkin’s stem.
Use this same idea all through the harvest season into Thanksgiving by leaving off the jack-o-lantern’s face.
Ingredients for Jack-o-lantern Cheese Ball
- 2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, reserve 1/4 cup
- 1 8 oz. container chive-and-onion cream cheese
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- stem of a green bell pepper
- black and orange (red/yellow) food coloring
Directions for Jack-o-lantern Cheese Ball
- Mix all ingredients and form into a ball
- Chill at least 2 hours
- Use a piece of string or yarn to make indentations like on a pumpkin
- Dye about a fourth cup of cream cheese with black and orange food coloring
- Put the dyed cream cheese in a sandwich bag and snip the corner.
- Pipe on jack-o-lantern’s face.
- Insert bell pepper stem at the top
- Serve with crackers, veggies, apple slices