How to Make Shamrock Eggs with Green Bell Peppers
Those who really love to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day are always looking for ways to add to the day’s festivities. Green suspenders, green beer, Dalmatians with green spots and other such outrageousness.
Start your day on March 17th this year with a breakfast any leprechaun would love. And it’s easy to do. Eggs are baked stove-top in green bell pepper rings. For a southern flair, serve alongside some grits…green ones, of course!
You will need:
- a skillet with a lid
- green bell peppers
- fresh eggs
- parsley flakes
- olive oil
- green food dye
How to do:
- Cut rings about 1/4 inch thick from the bell peppers.
- Heat a little olive oil in a skillet.
- Add the pepper rings.
- Gently crack eggs into the bell pepper rings.
- Cover the skillet.
- Cook on low until the egg yolks are done.
- Remove and sprinkle with the spices.
- Cook grits according to package directions.
- Add a few drops of green food dye.
Add toast, fruit, or breakfast meat if desired.
Top o’ the Morning to you!
Green Stuff to Order